Ravenor Primary School (FS1) Nursery Admissions Criteria
Please see the link below for a copy of our nursery waiting list form, to be returned to the school office. Offers for September 2021 will be made in April 2021, please hand in all applications before this date.
If you would like your child to attend our Nursery, please contact the school office for information about the process.
- Children in public care living within or outside the catchment area.
- Children living in the catchment area with a brother or sister who will be attending the main school (not the nursery class) at the time of admission.
Note: The words brother and sister refer to all blood, half, foster, step and adoptive brothers and sisters (not cousins) who live in the same home as the child. A sibling relationship does not apply when the older child(ren) will leave before the younger one starts.
- Children living in the catchment area with exceptional medical or social circumstances
Note: The medical circumstances must relate to the child, and parents will be expected to provide supporting evidence from a consultant (not General Practitioner) in relation to medical circumstances or a social worker (or other appropriate professionally qualified person) in relation to social circumstances. All supporting evidence showing why priority should be given to the preferred school must be submitted at the time of application. Priority under this criterion can only be given for one named school.
- Children living in the catchment area on the basis of distance from the child’s permanent home address to the referred school.
Note: The distance from home to school is measured by straight line, from a point in the property to the nearest gated entrance which is used by pupils to enter the grounds.
The measuring system is an integral part of the admission software produced by Tribal Technology Ltd. It uses Ordnance Survey maps and is accurate to 1 metre.
In the case of multi occupancy buildings e.g. flats, priority will be given to the applicants whose door number is the lowest numerically and/or alphabetically, e.g. 11B takes priority over 12A.
It does not mean that we will be able to allocate a place at the school nearest to your address.
- Children living outside the catchment area with a brother or sister who will be attending the main school (not the nursery class) at the time of admission. (as in 2 above)
- Children living outside the catchment area with exceptional medical or social circumstances. (as in 3 above)
7 .Children living outside the catchment area on the basis of distance from the child’s permanent home address to the preferred school. (as in 4 above)
Under each criterion applicants will be prioritised in distance order.